Mountain Addiction Terms and Conditions
DISCLOSURE OF RISK
Mountain Addiction accepts its responsibility to make its courses and activities as safe as is reasonably practicable. However, adventurous activities are inherently hazardous and cannot be completely risk free, however hard we try.
Accidents can happen without any contributory negligence from Mountain Addiction or its staff. Mountain Addiction can accept no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property or for personal injury not arising as a result of its own act or default.
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you acknowledge, understand and accept the above statements and accept that you have a responsibility to take careful note of instructions and to act in a way that will minimise the likelihood of injury. You declare that you are fit for the activity and will inform Mountain Addiction before the activity of any special medical conditions that might affect your safety.
A parent or guardian must accept these Terms and Conditions for anybody under the age of 18 and must be present throughout the activity. The environment in which we conduct activities is such that we cannot “fence off” all hazardous areas. Your son or daughter must therefore help our staff to look after their safety by listening carefully to instructions, by doing what they are asked to do and by not being reckless by trying to do more than they have been briefed to do. Only give your consent if you are confident that they will behave responsibly in this way. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you acknowledge, understand and accept the above statements, declare that your son or daughter is fit for the activity and that you will inform Mountain Addiction before the activity commences of any special medical conditions that might affect your son’s or daughter’s safety.
Agreeing to these Terms and Conditions does not release Mountain Addiction from any of our obligations towards you, nor does it affect your statutory rights.
BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
I have read, acknowledge and accept the Terms and Conditions and Disclosure of Risk as set out in this document:
1. The Booking is operated by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION, a trading name of KNOXSOL LIMITED (MOUNTAIN ADDICTION) registered in England and Wales, Registration Number 9131496. Our head office is at 3 Harcourt Road, Bristol, BS6 7RQ.
2. To make a firm booking a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the total cost is payable. The remaining balance is due 6 weeks before the activity start date or as specified for bespoke events. In the event that the balance is not paid we will treat the booking as cancelled by you. These Booking Terms and Conditions only come into effect when your first payment (deposit or full payment) has been received by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION. If the activity is due to take place in less than 6 weeks, full payment is required.
For pre-scheduled events the deposit and balance payments can be made online by credit/debit card. For bespoke events a link to a custom payment will be sent by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION after an enquiry and payment for the deposit and balance can be made online by credit/debit card. Payment to MOUNTAIN ADDICTION by BACS transfer is available upon request. To complete all payments the payee must accept these Terms and Conditions.
3. A completed Participation Form for each participant must be received by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION prior to any activity taking place, any individuals who have not fully completed a Participation Form will not be able to take part in any activity. Completion of the Participation Form by all participants requires acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. CANCELLATION BY CLIENT (You)
All cancellations must be in writing or by email. You will be charged the following cancellation fees:
· The cost of the deposit will not be returned plus 30% of the booking cost.
· Full cost of the booking if the activity is due to take place within 6 weeks.
· If you would like to move your activity to a different date then the activity logistics/cost must remain the same and the new date must be within 6 months of the original date, notice in writing or by email must be received more than 6 weeks prior to the event and this is subject to MOUNTAIN ADDICTION’s agreement and availability to re-schedule the booking. The cancellation fees above will apply if this is not agreed or available.
5. CANCELLATION BY MOUNTAIN ADDICTION
Whilst every attempt is made to ensure that planned activities actually run, MOUNTAIN ADDICTION will notify you of cancellation as soon as practicable where it believes on reasonable grounds that cancellation is necessary due to dangerous and/or unsuitable conditions for the event activity. In the event of cancellation, you will be offered the choice of the following options:
· Full refund of the event fee paid.
· The exact same event on different dates or an alternative event but equal to monies paid.
If an alternative date is offered, this date will be within 6 months of the original event date.
6. Advice is given on matters such as equipment selection, medical and fitness requirements but it remains the responsibility of the individual to make such necessary arrangements as advised.
7. By signing the Booking Form/Participation Form you are agreeing to meet with our minimum Kit and Equipment requirements for safe participation in the activity and the disclosure of all medical/health matters that could potentially affect your participation in the activity in an adverse way.
8. Mountain and hill walking, climbing and scrambling are inherently hazardous activities. Whilst on your trip, you undertake to follow the instructions given to you by your leader. Their decisions are at all times final. If you do not follow the Leader’s instruction and your behaviour is considered to be dangerous, or irresponsible to yourself or the rest of the group, then you may be requested to leave the activity, with no cost penalty to MOUNTAIN ADDICTION.
9. Inherent in this activity is the possibility that your clothing or equipment may suffer some damage. Equally you may experience minor injury (scratches, grazes, twisted ankles etc) and these minor injuries and property damage are sometimes an unavoidable outcome of the type of activities that MOUNTAIN ADDICTION operates.
10. Alterations in the activity itinerary may be caused by rapidly changing weather patterns and environmental conditions or participant fitness. Hence minor alterations to the itinerary are common. At all times, your Leader will attempt to perform the activity as faithfully as is reasonably possible. At all times, safe performance of the activity is considered before completing the itinerary at any cost. The Leader’s decision is always final in this context.
11. You should be covered by Travel and Cancellation Insurance before joining the activity. This is your responsibility to organise appropriate cover. Make sure that you are covered for the activities included.
12. MOUNTAIN ADDICTION’s responsibility for you on the activity begins at the designated Start Point on your activity itinerary. MOUNTAIN ADDICTION takes no responsibility for getting you to the beginning of the activity or for any onward travel after the activity.
13. By signing the Booking Form/Participation Form you consent to MOUNTAIN ADDICTION using any media (including photographs and/or video footage) made of you during the activity which may or may not encompass intellectual property rights belonging to you and that these images may be used by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites, marketing material and in the media. If you do not wish for your image to be used you must inform MOUNTAIN ADDICTION, in writing, at the time of agreeing to these terms.
14. The personal information requested by MOUNTAIN ADDICTION at the time of booking plus any subsequent information is held in its original form and on computer. The information is required to assist the company, employees, agents and sub-contractors to deliver the activities provided and in maintaining the company’s high standards of delivery. By providing us with the information to process your booking you are agreeing that the information can be kept and accessed by authorised company personnel. Contact details will be used to advise you of future offers either by post or email. If you do not want to receive future mailings please advise us.